From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Beam Repair Advise

Nels -

Wouldn't you have to run the LVLs from bearing point to bearing point?

Otherwise, the load must "jump" from the existing beam to the sisters and
back again. This model, IMO, isn't the same as reinforcing an existing beam
with a cover plate and transferring the load via a VQ/I procedure.

Isn't that the way you see it?

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.
ALLEN DESIGNS