To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:38 AM
Subject: RE: footing - frost depth

I've used extruded foam also, but I have heard recently from an
architect that its long-term properties in wet soil may not be very
good.  It may lose its insulating value.  I haven't been able to
confirm.  Anyone have any news on that ?

Also, in a crunch once, the geotech agreed to allow me to count the 300
mm of MG20 (0-3/4") compacted cushion, since it is not affected by
frost.  So my footing was 300 mm above the presumed frost line.

Kevin Below