Residential Architectural Requirements

Gerald

You may find your responsibility is more than you
think.

Back in the 70's in california there were Building
Designers that could design certain types of small
buildings.  They were not Architects but were
regulated.  My understanding was that the Building
Designer classification was a way to grandfather
certain individuals who were already practicing
building design when the state tightened up the
licensing for Architects.

The relevance is that if a Building Designer worked on
a project that was outside what he was allowed by law
and a registered engineer was involved on the project,
then the registered engineer was considered the design
professional responsible for the whole project and not
just the structrual portion.

Mark Gilligan