Re: Deflection Criteria

"barring other issues" is a key phrase.  I will always be haunted by seeing one of my designs many years later, in which the long glu-lam roof overhangs had sagged enough to require ugly angled downspouts to drain the far corners.  And I had thought that I was pretty conservative.  Fortunately that structure has been demolished, replaced by another.

Ralph