From: Robert Freeman [mailto:robert.freeman(--nospam--at)idsse.com]
Sent:
Friday, March 24, 2006 11:18 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Residential Architectural Requirements

Bill and Nels:

Wow.  I enjoy reading your posts to this list.

May I add a thought?

Liability insurance is also a huge issue on this topic.  When a licensed professional (insured) is working with an unlicensed consultant (uninsured) there is also a huge liability insurance issue.  I think the issue with the state board could be minor in comparison.

As you know, in a loss situation, the uninsured, unlicensed consultant basically is ignored, and the insured, licensed professional usually becomes the sole target for someone who may have a claim.  This type of project is worthy of declining (before getting started).

With Joy and Hope,

Bob Freeman, Architect, Structural Designer

Integrated Design Services, Inc.

(949) 387-8500 x115