From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 1:59 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Residential Architectural Requirements

Gerard:

This is what I put in our contracts where a designer or otherwise  is involved in the drafting on a project.

We are not Architects and do not have knowledge as to the architectural aspects of the code, construction practices and/or standards.  Competence and understanding of the services that an Architect performs, is significantly beyond our scope of knowledge.  Therefore; you as the owner will assume liability for all items, situations and/or errors relating to the services that an Architect would normally perform.  You also will be responsible for additional fees for our services that result from building department corrections that alter, room and/or wall layouts

on this project.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA