To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 8:25 PM
Subject: Nova program on World Trade Tower Collapse

This topic may have been beaten to death already, but I just watched the PBS/Nova program on the WTC collapse, and I'm curious if there's any strong feeling about the program one way or another. Given that it wasn't aimed at engineers, I thought it was a good effort, and at least hit the high spots of the collapse mechanism. I would have liked to see some of the testing evidence and how conclusions were reached, but that's presumably in the FEMA report. I'e heard bits and pieces of the conclusions that were drawn, but this was the first time I'd heard that the physics of the initiation of the collapse were different in both towers, even though the fire played a predominant role in both.
http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/