From: "Carter, Charlie" <carter(--nospam--at)aisc.org>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: A325 Anchor rods?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:05:55 -0600

That's our "nice" way of saying you can't get A325 but can get something
else similar if that is what was mistakenly specified. I hope the steady
march toward use of ASTM F1554 continues and the mis-specification of
anchor rods as A325 (or A490) soon goes the way of the do-do bird.

It is a shame that John Botts, the inventor of ASTM F1554 as an umbrella
spec for all anchor rod requirements, died before he got the chance to
see his creation take hold. It is hard to believe that there was nothing
in existence that united the manufacturing and material requirements for
anchor rods before he wrote the proposal for ASTM F1554.

Charlie