From: Bhairavi
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:09 PM
Subject: Deflection Criteria

As to the code section, the live load + dead load deflection is L/240. Can anybody out there get me a reason to justify I can use 2L/240 for a cantilever beam deflection? Is it specified somewhere in the UBC 97 building code or anywhere ? Any comments on this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bhairavi