Wood Cg factor for sill plates

Title: Wood Cg factor for sill plates

After being stumped on the use of the Cg factor for determining the capacity of sill plate anchor bolts in a shear wall, I happened upon a reference on the AWC website.  This note states that the Cg factor does not apply at sill plate / anchor bolt conditions.  I was glad to read this, because at a typical anchor bolt spacing of 48"oc I was coming up with a Cg value of like 0.35, which is nonsense.  But this exception is not mentioned anywhere in the NDS.  Does anyone else agree that this would be an important piece of info to have written in the NDS?

Eli Grassley, PE
PSM ENGINEERS
Seattle,  WA