Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wood Cg factor for sill plates[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <awcinfo(--nospam--at)afandpa.org>, <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wood Cg factor for sill plates
- From: "Eli Grassley" <elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:58:36 -0800
Title: Wood Cg factor for sill plates
After being stumped on the use of the Cg factor for determining the capacity of sill plate anchor bolts in a shear wall, I happened upon a reference on the AWC website. This note states that the Cg factor does not apply at sill plate / anchor bolt conditions. I was glad to read this, because at a typical anchor bolt spacing of 48"oc I was coming up with a Cg value of like 0.35, which is nonsense. But this exception is not mentioned anywhere in the NDS. Does anyone else agree that this would be an important piece of info to have written in the NDS?
Eli Grassley, PE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wire reinforcement in slabs on ground
- Next by Subject: Re: Wood floor beam shear connection
- Previous by thread: Re: Traffic Railing post loads
- Next by thread: Pergola Lateral Support