To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:59 AM
Subject: RE: A325 Anchor rods?

The AISC Steel Design manual says that threaded rod meeting properties of A325 can be obtained by appropriate use of steel and quenching and tempering after fabrication. Could this be what the design engineer intends in this case?

We've called for and used A307 threaded anchor rod in retrofit work. I seem to recall a field engineer on one project telling me that the construction crews obtained A325 rod from the supplier and if it could substitute.

Best regards,

Thomas Honles, SE, PE
Los Angeles, CA