From: Joseph Grill [mailto:jrgrill(--nospam--at)cableone.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:06 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: concrete embedments interaction equation

I'm a little confused (as I am most ot the time :-) ).  ACI 318 section D.7 contains some criteria for interaction equations for anchors or groups of anchors subject to both shear and axial loads.  Notes on ACI 318-02 don't use the interaction equations if the tension on the anchors is due to tension from say a moment at the base of a connected part.  It appears the equations are only used if the tension is a result of a direct axial tension load from the connected part.  Am I seeing this correctly?

Joseph R.Grill