IRC 2006 anchor bolts!!!

I just cracked my new copy of the IRC 2006 and can't help but share this new tidbit about anchor bolts.  There is now a table for bolt spacing based on foundation wall height and backfill depth.  Anchor bolt spacings are now provided that range from 5" on center to 72" on center.  Here are some typical spacings:

8ft wall GM, GC soils, 6ft of backfill --> AB's at 20"o.c.
same at 7ft backfill --> 12" o.c
9ft wall GM, GC, 8ft of backfill --> 9" o.c.

I'm sure these numbers make sense when considering strict engineering, but what happened to reality?!  I can't wait to hear the builders go ballistic over this one.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA