Re: Pipe Supports (Tee type)

Tom,

Thanks for the input. I agree with your contention.

However, please note that in one of the project, it is specified that
if the Pipe support is the first support to the pipe after the rigid
equipment, than it is not required to consider seismic load, wind load
and thermal friction load on the support. It is assumed that all the
lateral force will be absorbed by the rigid equipment. However,
minimum lateral load ( 3% to 5% ) of the vertical load has to be
considered. Only maximum Pipe displacements are given ( say 15 to
18mm). I agree with your view point that it is the responsibility of
the Piping Engineer to decide the limits on deflection. However, it is
not possible to get the data of permissible deflections for the
individual supports. What may be done in such cases ?

Please advice, if possible.

Regards,

Bhavin Shah