Re: Pipe Supports (Tee type)

On Mar 30, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Bhavin Shah wrote:

Thanks for info. As mentioned, do you have any data for the failure of the Pipe Supports. If you have, kindly send the same to undersigned. I would be very much grateful of you.
I don't want to sound patronizing, but it sounds very much like you don't have much of a background in piping system design. It's nothing at all like doing buildings and you can get yourself into very serious trouble real quick if you don't understand the peculiarities of piping. It's not something you can pick up by osmosis. Piping tends to very soft structurally and has dynamic and thermal loading that's not at all like ordinary building structures. Fatigue is a major issue. You're not going to learn enough on the Internet to explain what you did if something goes wrong. Again, not to patronize, but this isn't something you should be trying to teach yourself.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/