Re: Pipe Supports (Tee type)

Thomas,

In the input drawing, cantilever type of supports are suggested having height more than 10m. Also, because of congestion in the plant, it is not possible to go for the Frame type of Stanchions. Because of cantilever action and due to specified loads, deflection at the top of the support is coming around approximately in the order of 30mm to 35mm, which is significantly high as compared to the maximum Pipe displacements. As it is not feasible to restrict the displacement at the top of the stanchion, the specified  pipe displacements may not be considered as the limit on the drift.

Regards,

Bhavin Shah