Re: Pipe Supports (Tee type)

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying but why don't you use a
heavier section  to control deflection or try a trussed tower with a 3ft or
4ft footprint

             "Bhavin Shah"
             <bhavin.design@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
             03/30/2006 12:01                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Pipe Supports (Tee type)
             Please respond to
             <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.or
                    g>

Thomas,

In the input drawing, cantilever type of supports are suggested having
height more than 10m. Also, because of congestion in the plant, it is not
possible to go for the Frame type of Stanchions. Because of cantilever
action and due to specified loads, deflection at the top of the support is
coming around approximately in the order of 30mm to 35mm, which is
significantly high as compared to the maximum Pipe displacements. As it is
not feasible to restrict the displacement at the top of the stanchion, the
specified  pipe displacements may not be considered as the limit on the
drift.

Regards,

Bhavin Shah