Re: Pipe Supports (Tee type)

> From: "Bhavin Shah" <bhavin.design(--nospam--at)gmail.com>

> significantly high as compared to the maximum Pipe displacements. As it is
> not feasible to restrict the displacement at the top of the stanchion, the
> specified  pipe displacements may not be considered as the limit on the
> drift.

There are no magic numbers. You either design to the assumptions of the
pipe designer or the pipe designer designs to meet the structural
limitations. There needs to be a design feedback loop.

I think that you answered your own question. You need to advise the pipe
designer that there is no lateral stiffness at the top of this
stanchion. There may even be structure induced loads to the pipe (e.g.
wind or seismic)

Alternately, meet the support stiffness assumptions of the pipe
designer. You probably need a significant structure at 10M ht. I have
had to crab structures to span over other equipment and pipes to find
the foundation and get the stiffness.

Regards
Paul

--