Re: Lotus to Excel

Thor:

You should be able to just goto the OPEN command in the FILE menu in
Excel.  In the resulting OPEN dialog box, go down to the "Files of type"
pulldown menu and select "Lotus 1-2-3 Files (*.wk?)".  It should then open
up the 1-2-3 file.

If you don't have the "Lotus 1-2-3 Files (*.wk?)" option available, it
could be that you did only "basic" install of Excel and don't have all the
various translators installed.  I don't recall if "basic"/"Typical"
install of Excel installs the 1-2-3 translators or not.  I do know that
the default install of Word does not install WordPerfect translators...you
have to tell it to do so (or at least you did at one time).  So, if the
1-2-3 translator is not installed, you may have to dig out your Office
install disks and install them.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI