From: Harold Sprague [mailto:spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 7:58 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Frost depth in Northern Jordan

That is a good point.  But there are areas in Alabama, Louisiana, Texas
and
other states where the design ice thickness is 1/2", but the design
frost
depth is zero.

There are areas in Jordan that have a minimum average January
temperature of
about 36 degrees F which is warmer than the 31.8 degrees F for
Birmingham,
AL.  The frost depth for Birmingham, AL is 6".  That should give you a
good
idea of frost depth.

http://www.climate-zone.com/climate/united-states/alabama/birmingham-air
port/
http://www.climate-zone.com/climate/jordan/

Regards,
Harold Sprague

>From: Neil Moore <nma(--nospam--at)omsoft.com>
>To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>, <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
>Subject: Re: Frost depth in Northern Jordan
>Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:03:35 -0700
>
>We design for ice on poles in Amman.
>
>Neil Moore, SE, SECB

On the road to retirement? Check out MSN Life Events for advice on how

Confidentiality & Disclaimer Note: This e-mail and any attachments thereto contain protected and confidential information intended for the sole use of the addressee individual or organization. If you are not the addressee or an authorized agent for him/it, or if you have received this message by error please notify the sender immediately by returning the message, and delete this copy from your system without any illegal use.
The Dar Group shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system