Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Inverted Key vs Starter Wall

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Please provide a better description of what you mean by a "flat
water-stop" and how it is placed - perhaps a model no.?  

The only style I can think of that might fit this application is
referred to as a "retrofit" waterstop that is bolted and bonded to the
surface.  It is not "used all the time" but is used by some specifiers
under limited circumstances.  

William C. Sherman, PE 
(Bill Sherman) 
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311
Fax: 303-293-8236
email: shermanwc(--nospam--at)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:BPolhemus(--nospam--at)] 
> Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 7:54 AM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject: RE: Inverted Key vs Starter Wall
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Sherman, William [mailto:ShermanWC(--nospam--at)]
> Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 4:46 PM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)
> Subject: RE: Inverted Key vs Starter Wall
> You can use shear-friction but the problem is that if you use 
> a flush joint at the wall to slab interface and use a 6" PVC 
> waterstop, the 3"
> projection of the waterstop into the slab will interfere with 
> the top slab reinforcement. 
> -----/Original Message/-----
> Alternatively, however, you may use a "flat" water-stop which 
> is what is used all the time for sanitary structures.

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********