Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Piling for a Marina w/ difficult soil conditions [AKA free doctoring][Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: RLHess(--nospam--at)HessEng.com, seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Piling for a Marina w/ difficult soil conditions [AKA free doctoring]
- From: Rhkratzse(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 01:35:39 EDT
In a message dated 4/4/06 8:22:38 AM, RLHess(--nospam--at)HessEng.com writes:
Try asking your medical doctor to come out to your house to give you a free
diagnosis of what ails you and you may find him or her laughing at you.
Sometimes when a prospective client is amazed that I expect to be paid to come out and tell him what's structurally wrong with his house so that I can design a fix, I mention doctor's free house calls, or the lack thereof. (Actually they used to do that, or at least settle for a bushel of apples or a chicken, but that was during the Depression.)
Once in a while I even go so far as I ask if they'd take bids so they could find the cheapest brain surgeon for their wife, but not often. :)
- Prev by Subject: Re: Piling for a Marina w/ difficult soil conditions
- Next by Subject: Pipe rack modeling
- Previous by thread: [no subject]
- Next by thread: RE: Monorail Design