Monorail Design

Dave,
I was away from the office yesterday, so I am replying
rather late.  The answers given by other listers were
good, the best source being the CMAA specification for
single girder cranes which was already mentioned. If you
need more help, I may be able to assist as approx 30-40
% of my business is related to cranes and buildings
containing cranes.  To find other sources, you have to
go outside North America, e.g. FEM which CMAA borrowed
from liberally, or DIN.  I also have a an Australian
standard and publication and am trying to get an English
standard.  There is one more that you should try to get
if you are seriously considering this business: Crane
Runway Systems, a thesis written by John C Rowswell at
Univ of Toronto for his Masters degree.  I heard it
has now been published as a book, but I don't know the
publisher.
Gary