Re: Welding Failures [or misinterpretation]

I'm interested in the responses to your question, but I'm also concerned about the situation where a builder (in any aspect of construction) misinterprets the drawings (or specifications) but has no doubt about his/her interpretation and goes on to build something wrong.  S/he had no reason to call the engineer because s/he thought s/he completely understood the requirements.  But his/her interpretation was wrong.  What then?

Ralph