Re: Welding Failures

James,

I do not have any articles on welding failures but if you are having an argument in regards to structural steel welding symbols the definitive resource is AWS A2.4, "Standard Symbols for Welding, Bracing, and Nondestructive Examination".  This document is over 100 pages and would likely answer your question.  By the way, what welding symbol is being disputed?

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"jascopac" <jascopac(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>
04/07/2006 10:25 AM
Please respond to seaint
"Seaint@Seaint. Org" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Welding Failures

I am having a heated argument with a welder on welding symbols.  It is a
long story but basically my advise is if there is any doubt don't just weld
it check with the engineer.

To prove my point I would like to find reference to major failure caused by
poor welding practice or misunderstanding the welding symbols.

Can anyone refer me to articles or references on this subject?

Thanks

James A. Sadler, SE
Jasco Pacific, Inc.
550-D Industrial Way