Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
04/07/2006 01:32 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
RE: Welding Failures

From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com]
Sent:
Friday, April 07, 2006 2:20 PM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
RE: Welding Failures

Bill,

Weld symbols and the use of weld symbols has not changed.  Use of weld symbols is preferred and you would only provide a detailed sketch of a weld detail if were very complicated or the use of the standard weld symbols could not adequately describe the welding.

Well, I don’t have time to go through the old 1996-vintage copy of D1.1, but I am almost sure I remember reading that weld symbol usage was being “deprecated,” at least at that time.

the views of the company.