RE: Welding Failures

Since you “don’t have time” why don’t you just tell us what the disagreement was about and we will tell you who was right and who was wrong?

Dave

From: Polhemus, Bill [mailto:BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com]
Sent: April 7, 2006 4:32 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Welding Failures

From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com]
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 2:20 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Bill,

Weld symbols and the use of weld symbols has not changed.  Use of weld symbols is preferred and you would only provide a detailed sketch of a weld detail if were very complicated or the use of the standard weld symbols could not adequately describe the welding.

Well, I don’t have time to go through the old 1996-vintage copy of D1.1, but I am almost sure I remember reading that weld symbol usage was being “deprecated,” at least at that time.