Re: Monorail design

> From: "Gary Hodgson & Associates" <ghodgson(--nospam--at)bellnet.ca>

> standard.  There is one more that you should try to get
> if you are seriously considering this business: Crane
> Runway Systems, a thesis written by John C Rowswell at
> Univ of Toronto for his Masters degree.  I heard it
> has now been published as a book, but I don't know the
> publisher.

Deals strictly with top running cranes.
Not updated since it was produced for his Masters thesis 1987.

Self-published by
Rowswell & Associates Engineers Ltd.
100 Bruce Street, Suite 6
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2X5
Canada

phone 705-759-6612
fax 705-759-6885

Send CDN$60 to
John C. Rowswell
R.R. #1
Desbarats, Ontario P0R 1E0
Canada

Allow 8 weeks for delivery
Add CDN$15 for First Class Postage
This information was current in 1996.

Gantrex likes to point to some of Rowswells results that show their
product in a good light.

Another good top-running runway publication is from the International
Institute for Welding (IIW): Crane Runways, WG5- Crane Runways, IIW
Commision XV Design and Fabrication, April 1990. It provides a good
international overview and good technical and failure review. Edited by
Biskup and Bent, Canada.

Regards
Paul

--