From: "Thor Matteson" <thor(--nospam--at)yosemite.net>
To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2006 02:08 AM
Subject: Re: Sodium Bentonite

James,

Sodium bentonite turns into the stickiest, most slippery, hard to remove
SLIME you can imagine when it gets wet.  Just in case you're thinking of
using it to melt ice to keep people from slipping on sidewalks.

I have no idea what it would do to the concrete surface.  Are you worrying
about sodium ions entering the concrete?  The sodium bentonite has a huge
affinity for water--does that mean the sodium ions would tend to stay in the
bentonite?

Best of luck,

Thor

www.shearwalls.com