Equivalent concrete thickness for masonry

Gentlemen,

I am analyzing an existing building that had reinforced masonry walls for lateral force resistance and I was trying to compute an equivalent concrete thickness for the same in order to model in ETABS.

Are there any standard formulae that can be used to arrive at the eq. thickness or is it based on a trial and error basis calculation of the lateral stiffness?

Thanks
Anantha

ANANTHA NARAYAN, E.I.
Structural Engineer