Re: Equivalent concrete thickness for masonry

Table B-3 of Amrhein's "Reinforced Masonry Engineering Handbook", 1st edition, 1st printing, 1972.

According to a footnote:  "Equivalent solid thickness means the calculated thickness of the wall if there were no hollow cores, and is obtained by dividing the volume of solid material in the wall by the face area of the wall."

Neil Moore, SE, SECB
neil moore and associates

distressed structures investigations