Seismic tank design

I am reviewing a pipe line that connects, at the base, tanks of 24 feet dia and 16 feet high.
The designer reports a seismic 1.3" uplift.
The steel tank shell and steel floor plate sit on 6" of 3/4"max well graded rock over a "compacted fill pad" The soils are clays in a flood plane. The analysis does not check soil bearing and shear. There is no estimate of lateral sliding.

I am concerned that the soils are assumed to have a 2500 psf capacity for the central roof column footing.

Should the movement at the tank to pipe include not only a factored uplift but also some sliding?

Should not have the tank foundation been checked for overturning bearing?

--
David B. Merrick, Structural Engineer