Re: Welding Failures [subcategory: old riveters]

I did some work for the New York City Transit Authority
in 1976.  They specified that all the design had to be
done assuming rivets, but we were allowed to substitute
A325 bolts for the rivets in the actual construction,
but we had to follow all the old rules of thumb for
rivets, i.e. maximum spacing, etc.
Gary