Re: R-Factors Coldform hat sections

> From: "Roy Harrison" <ro35984(--nospam--at)bigpond.net.au>

> My dilemma is the degree of torsional restraint that can be legitamately
> assumed, so as to run it in this manner.

I assume that you have already tried "none" and it does not provide
satisfactory results.

Try breaking the hat down into two opposing Z shapes with a rigid moment
restraint along the top flange edge. You may be able to infer some
stability relationship with this model. Symmetry can yield some
urprising conveniences, or conceptual conundrums, in analysis.

Regards
Paul

--
R. Paul Ransom, P. Eng.