From: Gerard Madden, SE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)maddengine.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:01 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Lumber Lengths

Quick question since I can’t remember the answer:

What is the longest length that is readily available for 2x6 & 2x10 DF studs stocked at lumber yards in California? I seem to recall 24-26 feet, but not sure.

I’m designing a barn with 20 foot studs on the long ends and 35 feet at the gabled ends (those I’ll have to strongback and splice)….

TIA,

-gm