From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:35 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Lumber Lengths

Gerard -

I don't know the answer to your question (I suggest you call a local lumber yard), but regarding the gabled end walls, have you considered 1-3/4" TimberStrand LSLs? They would satisfy the length problem thereby eliminating the labor to splice sawn studs and would be much straighter than sawn studs.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E.

ALLEN DESIGNS

Consulting Structural Engineers