Re: Monday Morning Quiz

Bill:

Just last week I went to the site for structural observation because the city required us to sign off was the owners complaint.  In our area most cities have inspectors who cannot read structural plans to find drag struts.  Suo the roof deck was inspected and passed by city inspectors, roofing is installed and no drag truss.  It was the truss mans fault is the usual story, until I ask who installed the trusses and what plan did you follow?

They hate me with a passion when I make them install straps and trusses on their newly roofed decks that will have to be patched.

I tell them to call the city and give them hell.

But we usually get 1-2 a year.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA