RE: about ACI (min. Shear Reinforcement)

            Moya,

                        You got answers to your question. I do not design footings these days, and the only slabs I design have shear way below ½ phi x Vc. However, most engineers thicken footings if they would require shear reinforcement. I think I have seen spread footings with a reinforcing bar cage on only one project, which was for a very involved and demanding quasi-public owner.

            Jim Getaz

            Winchester, Virginia