Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Building on Fault Lines[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Building on Fault Lines
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:25:46 EDT
What restrictions do California (and other states) have as far as building near fault zones?
I.e. is there a minimum required distance through the nominal fault line?
Is there a restriction on the type of construction within a certain distance of the fault line? I.e. you can't build a nuclear reactor on top of a known fault line?
When did restrictions start going into place?
When existing buildings are renovated / converted does there distance to a fault line become an issue?
What document / code are there requirements/restrictions contained in?
At what level of government (city / county / state) is this type of restriction promulgated?
- Prev by Subject: Building constructability
- Next by Subject: Re: Building on Fault Lines
- Previous by thread: RE: Monday Morning Quiz
- Next by thread: Re: Building on Fault Lines