From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 5:26 AM
To:
seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Building on Fault Lines

What restrictions do California (and other states) have as far as building near fault zones?

I.e.  is there a minimum required distance through the nominal fault line?

Is there a restriction on the type of construction within a certain distance of the fault line?  I.e. you can't build a nuclear reactor on top of a known fault line?

When did restrictions start going into place?

When existing buildings are renovated / converted does there distance to a fault line become an issue?

What document / code are there requirements/restrictions contained in?

At what level of government (city / county / state) is this type of restriction promulgated?

Gail Kelley