Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Sx -Zx Strength-Deflection Tables 3-2 AISC Manual[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Sx -Zx Strength-Deflection Tables 3-2 AISC Manual
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:27:55 -0500
From: Carter, Charlie
The Manual Committee will consider your suggestion. In the meantime, and since the shape factor for W-shapes ranges only from 1.1 to 1.3, you could probably get a very close and quick estimate of S from Table 3-2 by dividing Z by 1.2. And you can do the same thing to get 0.9FySx from phiMpx, which is simply 0.9FyZx for all but a handful of beams.
Makes me wonder how long until we see truly “interactive” manuals online, where we can sort or even insert information as we see fit.
A little “php” (with a database backend) can go a long way toward obtaining that.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Sx -Zx Strength-Deflection Tables 3-2 AISC Manual
- Next by Subject: Sx in Tables 3-2 of New Steel Construction Manual ???
- Previous by thread: RE: Sx -Zx Strength-Deflection Tables 3-2 AISC Manual
- Next by thread: Anchorage to Cobbled Foundation