Anchorage to Cobbled Foundation

I am working on a project to anchor a 100 year old wood framed 2 story house to the existing cobbled sandstone foundation, (there are no existing anchor bolts- just a wood sill plate setting on top of the foundation with drypack between). It is a voluntary upgrade, so does not have to conform to any code requirements. The foundation is randomly laid sandstone cobbles with fairly poor mortar quality after 100 years. My question is:

Does anyone have experience in what a reasonable value would be for epoxied threaded rod anchors attaching the existing wood sill plate to the top of the sandstone cobbles, (shear parallel with the footing)? Any additional advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Hauer, S.E.