Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Reinforcing for Anchor Bolt Breakout[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Reinforcing for Anchor Bolt Breakout
- From: "Polhemus, Bill" <BPolhemus(--nospam--at)wje.com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:58:43 -0500
From: Rich Lewis
Are there any practical ways to reinforce a footing for concrete breakout of anchor bolts as defined in ACI appendix D, section 5.2? If Break Out is the controlling factor in the design of the anchor, and I don’t want to design the footing thickness based on anchor bolts, what would be a reinforcing configuration to strengthen the breakout capacity?
I’m talking through my hat here, because I’m too lazy to go find the reference, but I seem to recall that any reinforcing area crossing the break-out boundary can be used. The steel should be adequately developed on either side of the break-out boundary.
- Prev by Subject: Reinforcing for Anchor Bolt Breakout
- Next by Subject: RE: Reinforcing for Anchor Bolt Breakout
- Previous by thread: Re: Reinforcing for Anchor Bolt Breakout
- Next by thread: RE: Reinforcing for Anchor Bolt Breakout