From: Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com [mailto:Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)fluor.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:54 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: ASTM A 131 A

Mario,

A quick check on the ASTM web site   http://www.astm.org/  does not show any listing for A131.  You may want to verify the proposed ASTM number substitution.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Fluor

"Mario Velez Nauer" <mario.velez(--nospam--at)demagcranes.com.br>
04/19/2006 01:32 PM
Please respond to seaint
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
ASTM A 131 A

Dear Sir

For the fabrication of the girders of our cranes we use normally ASTM-A36.

Due to a momentary lack of this material our  supplier has offer us instead o A36 the ASTM A 131 A, with the information this is a "better" material, and that we can use the same welding procedure we use for the A36.

I will appreciate any comments in this subject

Thanks

Mário Velez Nauer
DEMAG CRANES & COMPONENTS LTDA

Telefone: 00 55 11  2145-7886
Telefax: (11)   4616-1371
Cotia-SP-Brasil

?
e-mail: mario.velez(--nospam--at)demagcranes.com.br
site: www.demagcranes.com.br

the views of the company.