RE: Manufactured Home Foundation

In my experience, the HUD homes still must have perimeter foundation, but
the seismic forces are taken by "Seismic Jacks" located every so often on
the rails that support each modules. The perimeter concrete is essentially
non load bearing.

The perimeter foundation, as was explained to me, is mainly to close off
the crawlspace from pests and surface water. There are nominal ties/clips
to this foundation/stem wall.

Most of the recent ones I've done, are designed to UBC code because it gives
the home more value when being sold that greatly outpaces the additional
cost of building to UBC. On those, the permiter foundations are indeed structural.

hth,
-gm