To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 3:56 PM
Subject: Manufactured Home Foundation

A manufactured home is supported by interior piers on spread footings at
approximate 6'-0" centers.  There are steel tie-downs connected to the
structure's steel frame.  The exterior walls do not have a continuous wall
footing.  Since it is supported by the interior columns and tie-downs, I
thought this could satisfy HUD requirements for a permanent foundation. Is
my assessment incorrect.

Jim Hamilton
Hutchison Engineering, Inc
jhamilton(--nospam--at)hutchisoneng.com