-----Original Message-----
From: kevinpolin(--nospam--at)mail.cyberonic.com
[mailto:kevinpolin(--nospam--at)mail.cyberonic.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 2:15 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Manufactured Home Foundation

Jim,

Short Answer... Yes that will satisfy.

Long Answer...

What are you designing for?  Is it an interior frame or Perimeter Frame?

If it is a Silvercrest Perimeter steel "Super Floor" then the floor is
"perimeter bearing" and needs to be supported along the "steel frame
perimeter" also along the "mating lines". With the Silvercrest super
floor there is no interior support points so you cannot design for piers
and pads. With the perimeter frame and CMU or ICF stem wall the house is
definitely worth a lot more money.

http://silvercrest.com/sc2.htm

If this is a convetional piers and pad foundation look here.
http://www.huduser.org/publications/destech/permfound.html

Kevin

On 4/19/2006, "Jim Hamilton" <jhamilton(--nospam--at)hutchisoneng.com> wrote:

>A manufactured home is supported by interior piers on spread footings
at
>approximate 6'-0" centers.  There are steel tie-downs connected to the
>structure's steel frame.  The exterior walls do not have a continuous
wall
>footing.  Since it is supported by the interior columns and tie-downs,
>thought this could satisfy HUD requirements for a permanent foundation.
Is