What's the answer?  Usually it comes down to a vote (in the code-writing community) with the financial interests, BOMA, etc., having as much, OR MORE, clout as the technical/engineering community.

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA

In a message dated 4/20/06 10:02:38 AM, smithegr(--nospam--at)bellsouth.net writes:

Neil,

    Okay, but the question I have is where and when did this happen?  I have been busy both in the office as well as out and haven't seen the news in a week or so.  The newspapers here in town are too liberal for me so I don't subscribe.  I somewhat live in a vacuum.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: Neil Moore
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org ; seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: Letter from Contractor

Well, Brian, I don't have any problem understanding what he is talking about.   A lot of us talk about this - but maybe not with the rage that he's exhibiting.

I see the TV pictures of the debris fields.   Maybe we shouldn't be building residences with toothpicks, paper and pins!

I see the TV pictures of the block masonry of the church down on the ground.  I also see that there's no bar or grout.

I see the TV pictures with the mobile homes gone and the people crying.

I also see the people that are hurt and have lost everything, but I know in my heart that in the end nothing will change.

I'm going to leave off my TV set tonight so I don't have to see.

Neil Moore, SE