RE: Retaining Wall software survey

From: M. David Finley, P.E., P.A. [mailto:davidfinley(--nospam--at)bizsea.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 8:39 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Retaining Wall software survey

Do any of the programs handle vertical loads applied to the wall?

IES has a 30-day free trial of their software. Visit http://www.iesweb.com and click on the “Free Trial” link on center-right of the page. The trial software is the “full version,” not a brain-damaged “demo” as is the case with most.

One of the reasons why I originally chose IES software is that they allowed me to “kick the tires” before I purchased. I actually used my thirty-day trial to learn the program by using it on a real project.

You might want to download the trial version of QuickRWall and see if it does what you want it to do. In the best of all worlds, you could do the same with RetainPro or any other such product, and make your selection with your eyes open.

Nothing like paying a thousand bucks for engineering software that ultimately disappoints.