Re: FEMA 361 - Hurricane Shelters

Just out of curiosity, how much uplift does a structure receive in the eye of a hurricane?  I noticed that some post-tensioned structures failed when uplift relieved the dead load that had kept the P-T from failing them, so they failed.  What sort of structure are u using for your 100'-span roof?

Ralph Hueston Kratz, S.E.
Richmond CA USA